Thursday, December 14, 2006

New Question of the Month

HI! I got a fun email from a friend and thought I'd use it for our question. I filled mine out and it took no time at all. And it was funny to see what came up - lots of MIXMOO influences!!!

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool... a lot of the songs fit with the setting

Opening Credits: Tumbling Down – Allison Moorer

Waking Up: She’s My Heroin – Agent 51

First Day at School: Bela Lugosi’s Dead - Bauhaus

Falling in Love: It Was Supposed To Be So Easy – The Streets

Fight Song: Ride It On – Mazzy Star

Breaking Up: Night Time Is The Right Time – The Sonics

Prom: Sweet Inspiration – The Farm

Life: Murder For Breakfast - Nekromantix

Mental Breakdown: Stay Positive – The Streets

Driving: El Paso City – Marty Robbins

Flashback: Fastlove – George Michael

Getting Back Together: Madonna vs M.I.A. / UR Hung Up – DJ Monster Mo

Wedding: A Ricky Gervais Podcast came up, so I hit next and got Gospel According to John – Soledad Brothers

Birth Of Child: Rhinestone Cowboy – Glen Campbell

Final battle: Summertime Blues – Marc Bolan & T Rex

Death Scene: Coconuts – Junior Senior

Funeral: Slow Hands - Interpol

Ending Credits: We Are All On Drugs – Weezer (video) and I wasn’t sure so I hit next again and I got Cats Are Not Lucky Creatures – World Inferno Friendship Society

5 Comments:

Blogger unrepeatable said...

Ok-- i'll play!

Opening Credits: i never - rilo kiley

Waking Up: she's my man - scissor sisters

First Day at School: too much time on my hands - styx

Falling in Love: start again - death cab for cutie

Fight Song: folsom prison blues - johnny cash

Breaking Up: begining to see the light - velvet underground

Prom: its true that we love one another - white stripes

Life: shankill butchers - the decemberists

Mental Breakdown: just a habit - built to spill

Driving: pensacola - soul coughing

Flashback: brilliant boy - the rentals

Getting Back Together: needles and pins - the ramones

Wedding: lost in a supermarket - the clash

Birth Of Child: nothing better - the postal service

Final battle: buddy holly - weezer

Death Scene: boys don't cry - the cure

Funeral: i want you to want me - cheap trick

Ending Credits: alone - heart

2:21 PM PST  
Blogger dustin said...

Opening Credits: Song of Sand - Suzanne Vega
Waking Up: Cheap Reward - Elvis Costello
First Day at School: Jealous Man - Brownie McGhee & Sonny Terry
Falling In Love: Hobo, You can't ride this train - Louis Armstrong
Fight Song: Trouble No More - Allman Bros. Band
Breaking Up: My Funny Valentine - Jacqui Naylor (That's a MixMoo Selection)
Prom: Let's Get Lost - Chet Baker
Life: So Long - Goo Goo Dolls
Mental Breakdown: The Difference is why - Lenny Kravitz
Driving: The Mountains Win Again - Blues Traveler
Flashback: Excuse Me Mr. - No Doubt
Getting Back Together: They All Say I'm The Biggest Fool - Stanley Turrentine
Wedding: Flamenco Sketches - Miles Davis
Birth of Child: Gambler's Blues - B.B. King
Final Battle: Sulky Girl - Robert Palmer
Death Scene: Mexico - Beck
Funeral: Lips - Beautiful South
Ending Credits:
Spiderbaby - White Zombie

8:19 PM PST  
Blogger mobilediana said...

This is hilarious! I love the way some of them match up!! I'm not sure if First Day of School as Too Much Time on my Hands is better or Wedding being Lost In A Supermarket... HHAHAHA.

1:05 PM PST  
Blogger Tara said...

I love this!

Opening creds: Babylon Feeling - Everlast

Waking Up: Holding back the Years - Simply Red

1st Day @ School: Squarepusher - unknown artist (from a techno/trance mix of some sort)

Falling in Love: Shy - Ani Difranco

Fight Song: I try - Gnarls Barkley
(what a wussy fight song! haha)

Breaking Up: tomorrow I'll be you - thursday

Prom: the Wind - PJ Harvey (thank you Bob for the killer November track)

Life: Sassafras Roots - Green Day
(lalalala wasting your time... =P)

Mental Breakdown: Fantaisia - Mozart

Driving: Jack and Diane - John Cougar Mellencamp

Flashback: Ship Wrecked - Spacehog

Getting Back Together: She walks on me - Hole

Wedding: Gelo Na Montanha - Herbie Hancock

Birth of Child: Rocket Man - Elton John

Final Battle: Work that We Do - Sublime

Death Scene: My Own Summer - Deftones

Funeral: Caught with your pants down - AC/DC

Ending credits: No Ending - Delays
(i think "Alone-Heart" still trumps though)


...it's really funny stumbling across music you forgot you had - great month post!

6:25 PM PST  
Blogger Bossamama said...

This is so cool. Love it.

Opening Credits: Hello Lola...Pee Wee Russell & the Mound City Blowers

Waking up: He-War...Cat Power

First Day of School: I Can't Wait Till You Try to Come Back...White Stripes

Falling in Love: Help Me...Toto Bona Lokua

Fight Song: Here Come De Honey Man...Miles Davis

Breaking Up: The Lord's Prayer...Dinah Washington
(Must have been pretty bad!!)

Prom:The Trainer Shuffle...Blue States

Life: Fresh Off the Boat...Nelly Furtado

Mental Breakdown: Birmingham Bounce...Charlie Shavers and Tommy Dorsey

Driving: Waitin' For Superman...Flaming Lips

Flashback:Wishing (If I Had a Photograph)...Flock of Seagulls
(I am not kidding, so funny)

Getting Back Together: If You Love Someone(Set Them Free) Live...Sting
(This is getting weird)

Wedding:Take a Ride...Lucious Jackson

Birth of Child: Track 12 of some spooky ambient music that my friend gave me that I never listen to!

Final Battle: Carnival of the Animals, Finale...Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops
(wow)

Death Scene:THIS IS INSANE!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...The Wizard of Oz Soundtrack

Funeral: Duet Stomp...Astoria Hot Eight
(very New Orleans)

Ending Credits: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer...Chris Issak
(a bit kooky, but I like it)

I'm thinking of using my iTunes as a way of predicting the future and making important decisions now.

7:15 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home